(make about 18 muffins)
- 3 cups flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 ground cardamom pods (optional)
- 1 ½ cups soy / plant-based milk
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 pears or apples chopped, or 1.5 cups of stewed fruit
- Pumpkin or sunflower seeds to put on top (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees and grease a muffin tin with margarine or plant-based butter alternative.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together, then add the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Try not to over mix!
3. Spoon the mixture into the greased muffin pan. Sprinkle seeds on top if using these.
4. Bake for about 20 minutes or when knife inserted into middle of muffin comes out clean.